Old May 24th 13, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Default Solar Powered Aircraft (Was: ground travel)

On 25/05/13 06:21, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 15:18:35 +1200, george152 wrote:

A cross country at 45 knots ?????
That's a toy!

Agreed. But a fun, unlicensed toy none the less. Add transponder, and it
could get me from a remote strip atop Point Conception to my airport-car at
KSBA to facilitate grocery shopping. Call me a dreamer ...

Buy a microlight.

One I saw had a cruise of 160 knots, two seat four hour endurance
Wouldn't be worth getting out of as its as good as any current GA machine