Old September 3rd 15, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

Jonathan (if that's your real name), it's hard for a long established group to take seriously an unknown newcomer who offers shop-worn advice on one of the most difficult challenges in soaring. UH has not only been talking the talk but walking the walk for decades. You are of course free to express your opinions, but don't complain when your ignorance earns you a rebuke.

-John, Q3

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 11:01:23 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Wow, tough crowd. Even the header asks for ideas "How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring?" So I presented a few ideas and get dis'd for the effort.

Perhaps the poster below does not understand the purpose of an interrogative? And this tread specifically requests ideas.

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 5:12:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:

This group is full of great thinkers, but pretty thin on doers. My impression is that they think we're short of idea guys.
I get to editorialize because I do at least one training event each year.
UH