Old March 7th 04, 05:42 PM
Ed Majden

"Mike Marron"
And it's been nothing but downhill for the RCAF ever since....

You sure have that right Mike. There is an election in the air and all
kinds of promises are being made for new spending. Note, I said "PROMISES"!
I'll believe it when I see it! The newest procurement has been two luxury
Challenger jets used as taxies by the politicians. Just shows you where
their priorities lie! Most of the air fleet needs replacement and
up-grading. The Herc C-130, the Aurora, the Buffalo, the Sea King, CF-18.
We are replacing SAR choppers with the Cormorant but from what I read in the
papers they are having teething problems. The Army and the Navy are even in
worse shape.
It's going to cost BIG bucks and many years to do this if Canada wants to
maintain an effective, even a small military. At least there is some public
support out there after many years of indifference! Sure glad I'm retired.
Ed