Old September 21st 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Huthmaker

Default Soaring in or around Maidenhead UK

Hi Everyone,

I didnt want you all to think that I abandoned this thread. Unfortunatley my journey out has been not good from the start. My original flight out was cancelled. I was supposed to arrive mid day yesterday so that I could start my work today. After the delays I didnt arrive till 6am local time today; and of course my luggage didnt make it out (although they just dropped it off at the hotel). I had no sleep for almost 2 days, so it pooched any chance of working today. That has now compressed my schedule. This weekend is now not going to be possible to do any soaring. The only potential day for me will be Wednesday. And from what I'm reading, it will depend on the weather if that works out.

I havent given up hope. I'd really like to see what its like to do a winch launch, and see the countryside from the air. But if doesnt work out, I'll just have to make another trip out here. My wife has been dying to come here, so I have an excuse to come back anyways.

John