Old August 16th 18, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default SSA "Where to Fly" Map

The other thing I have found for sites in the past is.......the SSA map had the "location" of the contact, not the operation. I used to travel a lot and would use the map to find places I could fly at while on the road. One was just north of Denver, CO. Then again, that was probably 4 years ago, no clue if they updated the info. If you looked up he address, you were firmly n the middle of a housing development, an airport was a few miles away.
I doubt they were winch launching in the development......LOL......