Old July 14th 14, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pierre Vav

Default Buying a Pegasus 101A

I am pretty sure Centrair will never do anything regarding the Mariane.
Mariane is a great glider when manned by a pilot "who knows". It can bite a Janus C. I know, cause I was in the Janus.
Also, it is the very alone glider I did not like at all. 2 or 3 flights and definitively, we are not good friends.

It is a nightmare to takeoff on wet grass with a weak plane. Also, winch hook is not in the center of the fuse, and you have to correct all the launch.

Rear part of the fuse is known to be easy to brake even on (rather) soft landings.

I love Pegase, I hate duo-pegase. But one of the first 1000km on Pyrenees was with a Mariane.