Old April 26th 04, 02:21 PM
damron

"Dave S" wrote in message
ink.net...
The 51% rule isnt about building 51% of the plane.. its about completing
51% of the tasks associated with building a plane. For example... you
dont have to build ALL the wing ribs, you only have to build ONE wing
rib to accomplish the task of building wing ribs from the point of
completing tasks.

No, there is nothing that says that an individual builder build any
percentage of the aircraft. That is a consideration for the RC.

That said, there is wide discretion shown in this area. I am aware of a
shop teacher that supervised a build, didn't touch one part, and received
the RC. Likewise, I have seen builders that wrapped up a build, but
demonstrated complete knowledge of the aircraft and received an RC.

I have seen a number of folks strip fabric and remove engine to inspect
structure and mechanicals, rebuild and get an RC.