Old August 30th 03, 04:47 AM
Tim Hogard

Default x-plane under wine

I've just tried x-plane under wine and it works well except for a few
issues.

1) joystick(s) won't work. I've got a logictech USB flightstick and
x-plane won't see it. The joystick works under linux as /dev/input/js0
as well as /dev/input/event0.

2) udp data output isn't going out.
I've turned on 'IP adderss of data reciver (from dataoutput screen)
and set its address to 192.168.0.99 but tcpdump on the machine never
sees anything on port 49000.

I could fix problem 1 if proble 2 didn't exist :-(

3) no sound at all. Sound card works, I run xmms just fine which has
better sound than the noisy plane. I'm using ALSA drivers.

4) keyboard is screwey. Sometimes the keyboard just stops working after
I switch to different windows.

I'm running on a Duron 1.3 512gig ram, asus ri4800se video card
with dual displays. Its interesting watching x-plane circle over
Sana Barbra in the left monitor while I can type in this in in the
right screen. The only glitches are when running at extreme res
1024x768x32 and where there is lots of different textures on the
ground, it will cause xmms to skip one channel. The card has 128m
and x-plane claims 164.91meg used.

So can anyone help with any of the problems?

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com