Old April 24th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Buying a Pitts for aerobatics and touring

"drclive" wrote in message
oups.com...
I been dreaming to buy a machine to do aerobatics as well as touring.
Currently I'm doing aerobatic training in a Pitts S2A, but its
avionics doesn't seem very suitable for touring or navigation
exercises. I have seems some Pitts S1S and the same problems.
Can anybody advice me what would the best solution to this?

CR

Nice airplanes, but I would worry less about the avionics (How much do you
really need for day VFR???) and more about the limited fuel capacity for
"touring".

Disclamer: I don't now, and never have, owned one. I have had some dual in a
factory Pitts, and I helped some on a "Pitts like" homebuilt - it has an aux
tank, larger main tank, and has been cleaned up a bit for better
speed/range.

Mr. Viperdoc probably knows as much as anyone around here about this kind of
aircraft...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com