Old September 30th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger (K8RI)

Default Airfoils

On 28 Sep 2006 12:58:57 -0700, "
wrote:

PS - His name isn't Fred, of course. But after posting messages
about Flying on the Cheap, inexpensive methods of converting VW engines
for flight and using locally available lumber, I've been contacted by
a surprising number of 'Freds' here and abroad who are doing
exactly that.

PPS - I've never been asked to autograph an airfoil before. Thank
you, Fred. I consider it quite an honor.

Way to go Bob. I wish more people took that time and had the patience
to help out people like that.

Many years ago (probably 30 or so) I knew a guy like that who had an
eye disease, the name of which I've forgotten, (Retinitis Pigmentosa
or something like that..I think) but they thought he was retarded,
kicked him out of school and put him on welfare. By the time they
actually discovered the disease he was blind and well into his 20s..
Without the basic school back ground he was smart enough to learn the
regulations, code (13 WPM), and theory to earn his general class
(Conditional back then) Amateur radio license.

BTW my MS spell checker thinks Retinitis should be spelled
Creationists? That's not even in the ball park.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com