Old August 1st 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default IFR to Oshkosh without an IFR reservation

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
I only ask because your interpretation doesn't make sense. If FAH is
in the RIPON sector then he woudln't be able to file to KSBM either or
require a reservation for the airport. And he doesn't per the NOTAM.

Trust me, this is the 25th EAA convention I've worked as a controller. Nine
at Chicago ARTCC in the area that includes OSH and sixteen at GRB TRACON.
Oshkosh bound IFR aircraft without a reservation don't get into that sector
with a promise to cancel short of OSH, they're issued a clearance limit
outside of the sector.

Well, you're absolutely, 100% wrong. I filed to KSBM without a
reservation, was cleared to KSBM, and was feet dry over land when I
cancelled IFR and proceeded VFR to Oshkosh, just as I said I was going to
do and just as you said was impossible.

I know the words "Sorry, I was wrong" aren't in your vocabulary, so I will
now expect some bull**** excuse about how I'm wrong and what I did and
what the controllers did was impossible.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
The software said it requires Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux