Old January 28th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Ham

Default New Sport Aviation

tom c wrote:
snip
EAA's new revamped Sport Aviation isn't new at all. It's just a cheaper
printer!

Tom c

snip
I doubt that it's cheaper than printing 8 1/2 x 11. Also the pages are
really thin - thin paper is expensive if it's also opaque. They probably
are saving money by not printing separate magazines for each EAA
section. Personally I don't like the large format. It just doesn't
handle well, especially in the reading room (read head).

I suspect that our new EAA management (i.e. Tom) is really impressed by
the glitz factor. What about AirVenture as a name? This may have been a
copyright issue, although simply referring to the convention as Oshkosh
served well for many years.