Old September 21st 03, 06:48 PM
Alan Minyard

On 20 Sep 2003 09:15:57 -0700, (Walt BJ) wrote:

"L'acrobat" wrote in message ...
"Tony Williams" wrote in message
m...
(robert arndt) wrote in message
. com...

http://www.lewis.army.mil/arrowheadl...ryker_C130.htm

I understand that basic Stryker is right on the size/weight carrying
limits of the C-130. Any info on how the Herc will cope with the
bigger versions, like the one carrying a 105mm gun?

SNIP:
Here is where Rumsfeld (not that I have much faith or praise for him)
needs to take the opportunity to can the guys responsible for not
integrating the "Stryker" (sic) with the C130 from the get-go. Makes
one wonder if the master plan was to buy lots of Strykers and then say
"oh, by the way, the 103's too small; now we need a lot more (fill in
the blank) to replace those old obsolete C130s." What an opportunity
to fumigate the Pentagon, brass and civvy alike.
Walt BJ

C-130Js are still in production.

Al Minyard