Old July 25th 03, 02:33 PM
pr

[re-arranged quoting]

John Ward ) wrote:

"Ken Hughes" wrote in message

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:22:08 GMT, "The original Russ."
wrote:

Hi Russ,

As a journalist, I can say this with hand on heart:

When will these arseholes finally give it up? lol.

When the other arseholes stop buying what we write *g*

Err, Huh ?

It is a well-known fact that sensationalism sells papers and draws viewers
to the evening news. More subscribers/views equals more ad revenue. Ken
is stating that the minute people stop buying/watching, these journalists
will stop sensationalizing.

It is quite clear to me that the sim article linked in this thread was
written for little other reason than sensationalism. But then again, how
large is the daily readership of Salon.com?

--
Peter