Old July 2nd 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Jordan

Default Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

wrote:
"Jordan" wrote in message
ups.com...

No. I think it would help its international position for Israel to
_annex_ the Golan Heights and then reply to all questions about their
future disposition with "They're Israeli national territory. What are
you offering us to purchase them?"

This is also how Israel should have dealt with the issues of the West
Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.

What would your do with the four million
people living there?
Mass expulsion? To where?

Shove them over the borders to the Arab states who so love them that
they are willing to use them as a permanent causis belli against
Israel. I'm sure that they would be well-treated by their Arab
brethren.

And if not, at least they wouldn't be Israel's concern any more. There
would be an international outcry, sanctions would be demanded, nothing
would happen, and in a few years they'd be as forgotten as the few
million Germans pushed out of the territories Poland annexed in 1945 --
in the middle of war and a terrible winter.

Sincerely Yours,
Jordan