Old October 22nd 13, 12:57 PM
Squeaky Squeaky is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pitts View Post
All,

I have done some in-flight video with a ContourHD using a flexible suction cup mount and a headband mount. I've seen videos where the camera was mounted on some sort of extension in front of the wing tip with the camera looking back at the fuselage, without a massive slab of white wing filling the bottom half of the image.

Any ideas how this was done or how to do it?

How would you mount a video camera on the centerline right in front of the canopy?

I'm sure people have already done this; no need to reengineer from scratch!

Terry
I also use the Contour. I do tape the Suction Cup mount after I affix it and have had no issues even doing aerobatics. To get rid of the big wing, you can get the same look moving the camera to only one thrid the way out the wing. Gets a better cockpit view and still gets the look from the side.