Old October 22nd 13, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Video camera mount(s)?

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:57:37 AM UTC-7, Squeaky wrote

Agree - gaffer tape not suction cups. I had a stickypod suction cup mount let go - fortunately I was paranoid enough to tape it down as a backup. Mounts need to withstand changes in pressure, temperature, airloads and more g-forces than you'd imagine - especially out at the end of bendy wings.

Remember to comply with the FAA regulations, insurance requirements and most of all the laws of aerodynamics if you intend to mount externally. You can't get out and fix it if something goes wrong once airborne.

9B