Old December 12th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
xyzzy

Default HUD view of a near-miss

Ross Richardson wrote:
wrote:

Here's a very close call as recorded through the HUD camera of a T-38C.
Scott Wilson
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=qLVtstYAZLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVtstYAZLY

We recently had the safety officer from Sheppard AFB come to our EAA
meeting talking about the IR/VR low level routes and all the SUA around
the airbase. Then he showed several videos (including this clip). Scary
and one clip was a mid-air. I was once flying over Lake Texoma in North
Central Texas at 2500' ( ground elevation is ~ 750') and 3 C-130s went
UNDER me. That was interesting.

While climbing out of KSOP, as I passed through about 1500 feet a
flight of three A-10's went under me -- I was about 5 miles outside the
Ft. Bragg restricted area at the time. I thought it was kinda
interesting that they didn't make any radio calls as they basically
blew through the traffic pattern of the airport. When I got on the
radio to warn other pilots they were coming through, THEN they made
radio calls.