Old September 11th 03, 07:26 AM
Barnyard BOb --

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 03:49:50 GMT, "William T Bartlett"
wrote:

They flew very effectively on the Adcock range, which was set up across the
nation. This was a aural navigation system in which all that was necessary
was a tunable low freq radio, a watch, compas. and chart (some knowledge of
Morris code

big snip for obvious reasons

look up adcock range on Goggle.DF was also available.
Bill

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bill..

Morris code?
Yeah, right.

Like Del said.....
They mostly flew into the ground.

Barnyard BOb - pre VOR pilot
==================================

Del Rawlins wrote:

On 29 Aug 2003 01:15 PM, Dick posted the following:

Staring at my empty instrument panel while considering which
instruments and their placement, I got wondering how old time Mail
pilots flew if caught in IFR conditions.

Mostly, they flew into the ground.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/