Old January 28th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Aerodynamic question for you engineers

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:20:09 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
wrote in
:

Your inability to distinguish rotation from translation.

I'm unfamiliar with the term 'translation' as it refers to this issue.
I presume you are referring to one of these definitions:

(1) : a transformation of coordinates in which the new axes are
parallel to the old ones

(2) : uniform motion of a body in a straight line

Can I impose on your MIT BSME to elaborate as to which definition it
is to which you are referring? Thank you.

What, you couldn't find anything in the FARs about it?

Let me (and Merriam-Webster) take a guess first. Rotation is the
action or process of rotating on or as if on an axis or center, and
translation in this case is the movement or change of location of the
CG.

Am I helping or hurting?

You're an idiot.

Bertie