Old October 31st 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Spinal Surgery - part II

On Oct 30, 10:20*pm, " wrote:
Hi guys.

Thanks for the boost.

It is 2200 (that's ten p.m. for you civilians) and I've been home
since about 1400. *But I can't tell you if the surgery was a success
or not. *I didn't see the physician after the procedure was done and
they used a general instead of a local, so I didn't get to participate
in the action.

Frankly, I'm still doped up. *If I wake up screaming I'll know the
procedure didn't work. *As will the neighbors. *But I've got my hopes
up.

If the procedure WAS a success it means the PAIN will be locked back
in its cave. *And if the PAIN is removed from the equation, it will
allow them to use more aggressive measures against the tumor. *And
that means there's a good chance I will be able to recover much of the
strength I've lost. *And THAT means I can get at those engines, and
the fuel tank and the umpty-leben ribs for the DBK's tapered wing, and
finishing that Siler lock that's suppose to snap fire in that replica
Hawkins I've been fooling with for the past... *too many years.

Lotsa stuff like that.

But mostly it means they'll have a better chance of CONTROLLING the
tumor... of preventing its spread... of buying me a few more months
not only on this planet but in the air above it.

-R.S.Hoover

To All:

I woke up SCREAMING. Apparently they doped me up with Demerol or some
other high-value pain killer to get me home. That is, the procedure
was NOT performed.

-R.S.Hoover