Old February 3rd 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Oshkosh Lodging

Dico wrote:
I'm not a camper by any stretch of the imagination... in fact, I don't
like it at all. But there is something cool about camping at OSH
beside the plane (we have a low wing) with the thousands of other
airplanes. Hearing the planes start to take off in the early mornign
hours... its quite the experience.

I'm with you on that, Dico. The only time I camp is at Oshkosh, but I can't get
enough of it.

The only thing i'd caution you on is parking, and I don't think you
have much choice... but last year during that terrible night where it
rained and rained a guy in the row downhill from me had his tent flood!
All his charts, papers, maps, clothes, etc were soaked. Needless to
say he was upset.... I was lucky as we were on a slant.

I've been flooded at OSH camping, too. A nice new tent and some quality time
with a tube of seam-sealer has now eliminated that particular failure mode, I hope.

Can't wait to go back!

6 months and counting.

DGB