Old January 27th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
birdog

Default Cessna 152 spin integrity

As an 80 year old ex-pilot, I am astonished at all this talk about spins by
presumibly experienced pilots! When I went thru training a century ago, we
did spins before we soloed! Of course, virtually every aircraft in that day
was prone to inadvertant spins, whereas GA aircraft today are almost
incapable of spinning. In addition, we were recovering from unusual
attitudes under the hood (needle, ball and airspeed, no gyros) and
recovering from inverted with minimum loss of altitude (don't remember what
the minimum was at the time, but it wasn't much) before we were signed off
as competent of unconditional flight.

I really enjoy this NG, learning a lot about all the aids and equipment
available nowdays, and especially enjoy the discussions on airmanship.

They grounded my ass quite some time ago, but my heart is still in the air.