Old July 25th 03, 02:42 AM
H. Adam Stevens

pipeline patrol
atc contact

morons

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
m...
(CNN) -- A pilot forced to land because he had entered closed airspace was
unaware of the temporary restrictions imposed because President Bush was

in
the area, according to initial inquiries, the Secret Service said.

The Cessna 172 was intercepted over the route that the president's

motorcade
was to follow to Philadelphia, and the pilot, whose name was not released,
was ordered to land at Camden County Airport.

A Secret Service spokeswoman said the plane was flying low and

erratically.

She added the president was never in danger and that the initial

conclusion
was that the pilot did not know about the temporary airspace restrictions.

The Secret Service said initial interviews indicated that the pilot, the
only person in the single-engine plane, was on contract to inspect
above-ground oil pipelines for possible damage, which required him to fly
low.

Karl Kleinberg, owner and operator of the Camden County Airport, said

local
and federal officials -- including police, the FBI, and Secret Service --
converged on the airport in about a dozen vehicles, approached the pilot
with guns drawn, ordered him to the ground, handcuffed him and took him
away.

But even as it was happening, Kleinberg said, he felt it was of no
significance.

"The problem is, every time the president moves someplace to make a

speech,
they give you last-minute instructions and a lot of times pilots don't get
the word."

Kleinberg said it was safe to assume the pilot "was not aware of the
restriction."

-- CNN Senior White House Correspondent John King and Producer Shannon
Troetel contributed to this story.

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"Mutts" wrote in message
from drudge report...........

Low flying single engine plane flies directly over President Bushes

motorcade
in Philadelphia, before being intercepted and grounded by police.

Security
breach occurred at 12:07 p.m. on Interstate 95 heading south toward
Philadelphia. Bush had just finished a visit to the Financial Management
Service Facility, which mails out tax rebate checks. Flying from right

left
the white plane flew over the Presidents motorcade just north of exit

26,
with
a police chopper hot on it's tail. Breach occurred just weeks after stow

away
boarded Bush press plane in Africa... Developing...