Old April 6th 05, 02:04 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:58:45 GMT, "MC" wrote in
::

Anyone seen the new feature of Google

maps.google.com

http://maps.google.com/

search for your favorite airport identifier, then click on the satellite
view in the upper left hand corner.

The Acme Mapper is useful for high resolution black and white
satellite images: http://mapper.acme.com/

For topographic maps, TopoZone is good: http://www.topozone.com/

Google keeps putting out amazing stuff.

Google's Library Project promises to be a giant step forward, if they
can get the copyright issues resolved:

http://www.print.google.com/googleprint/library.html
What is the Library Project?
Google Print makes offline information available online. As part
of this project, we're now working to digitize the book
collections of several major research libraries and make this
content searchable through Google Print alongside books provided
by publishers through our Publisher Program.

But virtually anonymous posting to Usenet through Google Groups
invites spammers. :-(