Old February 14th 04, 03:29 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

I've noticed that! A couple times in the last 5 years I've been told
to go direct to an NDB. I don't have anyway to find NDBs (well, ok
GPS, but otherwise... ) Do you think there will be a formal
"forgiving" of the NDB assumption by the FAA or will it just become
another GPS waypoint?

I see no need for any change. GPS is a perfectly acceptable means of
navigating to an NDB. There's no need to advise ATC that you don't have
ADF, simply acknowledge the instruction and proceed direct via GPS. The
only shortcoming is you can't use GPS to fly a straight NDB approach.