Old July 5th 03, 01:43 AM
Dave Holford

It has nothing to do with 'political correctness' or 'sensitivity'; it
is your apparent arrogance that you are superior to anyone who did not
do what YOU did.

Dave

Getting a little sensitive are we?

Arthur Kramer

Not in the slightest Art.
Just tired of your juvenile efforts to dismiss anyone who does not agree
with you.

I have nothing but admiration for those who flew into danger, but in my
(note MY) opinion those guys who flew low-slow unarmed C-47s across the
line of battle to deliver airborne troops behind enemy lines were every
bit as corageous as those who flew in formations of armed aircraft;
probably more so.

Ever since the civil war observation balloons, aircrew have risked their
lives in hazardous operations, and continue to do so today. However, one
must bear in mind that those who survive a mission of a few hours get to
eat a civilized meal and sleep in a safe bed. Something that many who
also fought for our freedom did not get to do for days, maybe even weeks
on end.

I don't doubt your bravery for a moment. But there are always brave
people when they are needed.

I have spent some time in the air and on the ground with survivors of
the war you write about. I was too young to join them before, but I
tried to gain some limited understanding of what they went through. The
squadron I served with lost many aircrew bombing Germany. The fact that
I got to talk and fly with a few survivors when the fighting was over
does not make me a hero, or a wanabee, or anything else you care to try
and characterize me as; except a guy who wanted to fly and was lucky
enough to get some guidance from people who had 'been there, done
that'.

Dave