Old January 25th 08, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Cheap Flying: Interplane ZJ-Viera LSA

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:51:11 GMT, Jay Maynard
wrote in
:

On 2008-01-24, Larry Dighera wrote:
This little single seater looks like a hoot:

I saw a couple of those at Sebring. They looked like a flying motorcycle,
more than anything else.

Did you get an opportunity to see them in flight? It would seem that
the mono-wheel doesn't provide much ground clearance of the wings for
use in unimproved fields.

I bet they're fun. OTOH, the engine/prop assembly
looked WEIRD...

While the engine mounting does look like a bit of a Rube Goldberg, I
suppose it was done that way to provide ground clearance for the prop.
As I understand it, this is a very new design. I look for it to
evolve/improve over time. There's word that it could be implemented
in carbon-fiber at a savings of 20kg.

This Canadian dealer seems to be pricing it a bit more than the
factory: http://www.aaaaviation.com/

There is more information about ordering on this UK dealer's web site:
http://www.flylight.co.uk/fixedwing/viera.htm

There's more information about the engine he
http://www.flyengines.com/eng/news02.html