Old November 7th 04, 05:32 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Mark James Boyd" wrote in message
news:418cf481$1@darkstar...
I saw this
"SSA By-Laws Revised to allow membership category of "Introductory."

I like the idea, especially if it involves a low price (perhaps

half-price?)
first year joining of SSA. The SSA dues are reasonable for me
personally, but I have had trouble getting people to join SSA
generally because of high dues.

Any thoughts at relooking at dues reduction too? Lower dues may = more
revenue. A private e-mail mentioned that after the last dues increase,
revenue actually dropped because several thousands of members decided to
not renew.

Not the last increase to $64 (incremental increase of the $75 authorized by
the SSA board), but the one prior $40$55 resulted in a membership decline
and no net gain in revenue.

Frank Whiteley