Old October 14th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Dirty Laundry

gatt wrote:
If the general public...which includes us...didn't buy into the crap,
subscribe to the cable network or watch the stuff, it wouldn't persist.

The media is a market-driven and profit-motivated. As such, it becomes a
mirror of the public interest. If the public is into hearing about sex
scandals, that's what you get. Airplanes flying into buildings? Dead
sports stars? So long as FoxNews or CNN or USAmcToday gets America's
attention, they're giving America exactly what it wants.

No different than McDonald's. Quarter pounders are heart-wrecking junkfood,
but you don't see many people outside protesting them. Rather, they line up
at the drive-through.

Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an airplane
with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
ALWAYS be big news.

Man, I post the lyrics for a great song that sums up sensationalistic
journalism, and I get back a white paper from an apologist... hmmm.