Old October 26th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Aircraft manufacturers and their reputations

Beech [Raytheon] are very good because of the attitude of
the management under Olive Ann Beech. If they drill a hole
in a sheet in the wrong spot, they get a new sheet, Cessna
puts a rivet in the hole.

Mooney has solid construction, but has had financial
trouble. TBM 750 was designed to be the "new" Mooney but
they didn't have the money at Mooney to build it.

Every company builds good and not so good airplanes. The
intended use, and who will use it may be a deciding factor.

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message

| "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message
|
| "Mxsmanic" wrote in message
| What are the overall reputations of manufacturers like
Cessna,
| Raytheon Beechcraft, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, and all the
others?

| In every domain, there are usually specific legends
and/or realities
| associated with particular manufacturers' equipment.
What are they in
| general aviation?
|
| From what I've read here, Beech is considered a bit
hoity-toity,
| Cessna is a common workhorse of sorts, Mooney is a case
apart that
| some love and some hate, and ... I'm not sure for the
others.

| I bring this up because of the occasional references I
see along these
| lines, implying that a Baron 58 is a Cadillac or that
Mooney aircraft
| have bizarre minds of their own. It makes me wonder.
I'm sure each
| manufacturer must have a bit of "personality" that
shows through each
| of the aircraft it builds.
|
| --
| Transpose mxsmanic and gmail to reach me by e-mail.
|
| Good God, would you just go the **** away???? Go find
some Simulator Forum
| on the internet to fulfill your mental masturbation. You
have been
| killfiled by a ton of people on here because you should
read WAY WAY WAY
| more than you post.

| DW
|
| Uncalled for, dont read his posts. Its actually a pretty
good question. I
| think he has the 58 Baron thing right. That is one nice
solid great flying