Old July 14th 03, 06:59 AM

On 13-Jul-2003, "Richard Kaplan" wrote:

I think that is a really worrisome location. I just flew last month with
a very experienced instrument student who had a similar arrangement in his
182RG and developed vertigo and nausea while flying partial panel with his
primary AI covered up

Our electric AI isn't THAT far to the right. Actually, it's mounted in the
right-hand radio stack, right above the DME. (Arrows and other Cherokees
from the late 1960s on have a double radio stack. With modern avionics
typically taking up less space, there is often room left over. It is a
simple matter to fashion a "blank" with a 3" instrument hole to fit in this
space, and that places the backup AI within reasonable scan distance for the
pilot.)

-Elliott Drucker