Old September 8th 05, 03:11 AM
Jim Burns

I RE-registered with them and offered to go this weekend if they needed
anybody brought back up into the midwest.
Jim

"Steve S" wrote in message
"Peter R." wrote in message
Jim Burns wrote:

snip
All other preregistered pilots with multi engine
aircrafts continue to monitor the site for further directions.

Too bad they have limited the airlift to multi-engine at this time.
Perhaps sometime in the future us single engine folks can help out.

--
Peter

I just got back from 3 days working with them. I flew my Cherokee Six on 3
missions from Baton Rouge to Atlanta and coordinated Air Dispatch in Baton
Rouge for 2 of those days. They are an amazing organization, we had 2
pilots from Seattle that flew a family back to San Francisco. 12 hours on
the tach and they called back saying what else can we do. We had 206's,
Lances, a Caravan, a Cheyenne, a number of Bonanza's and a few Aztec's

and
Baron's. We got people to families in Boston, Chicago, NY, Kentucky,
Houston, Dallas, Baltimore, Arkansas, Atlanta, Mempis, Knoxville and
others.....

You can help! Register your aircraft and time, at least donate fuel. We
got 60 people out yesterday and we needed even more planes. The State
government has just asked if they can refer people to fly out. Get
involved, this is getting larger by the day.

Even if you don't have a plane or you have a 4 place plane register as a
co-pilot. I didn't have a co-pilot so one was assigned to me. It was

great
working with the guys I flew with, we really developed some good CRM. The
only requirement as PIC is that you are Instrument Rated. I don't think

the
co-pilot has to be IR.

Thanks

Steve S