Old October 25th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for Soaring 100 Reports

On Oct 25, 8:07*am, jherzog
wrote:
Can anyone who attended Soaring 100 last weekend report a bit on the
happenings?

Thanks,

Jordan

--
jherzog

Speaker presentations were excellent. I believe they were all recorded
but don't know how they will be made available.
The history of hang gliding was very well covered.
I'd say that hang glider folks were far more than 1/2 of attendees.
Flying was limited to sailplanes due to snafu with hang glider
towplane. Good variety of older gliders presented by VSA, plus a
couple modern ones. Many interested spectators got up close and
personal with pilots and gliders.
It was an honor to go to Gliding Mecca on the 100th anniversary of
soaring and well worth the trip.
Short report
UH