Old June 26th 17, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 8:53:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On the topic of Android devices; it would be nice to have a commercial source for an out of the box IOIO system.
It seams that the IOIO is only available in a kit form, that is in parts... soldering, etc. required, mostly over my head at least in my case.....

I would like a commercial source for one as well.
Chris

I am using a nifty little device called Androport from Glidertools in the Czech Republic .
I use it to supply my Nook (or any other Android device) with data from my C302 plus enough power to actually charge the Nook while in flight.
When I used the phone I notice that there is insufficient power to actually charge the battery but it does slow down the discharge rate.

Unfortunately, Glidertools seems to be no more as I would like to have had another one. I'm surprised that no one else has produced such a gizmo to fill this void.

Bob 7U