Old February 3rd 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default International Shipping (trailer axle)

On Feb 2, 5:41*pm, T8 wrote:
Trying to figure out a semi-economical way to get a Knott axle from
Germany to NE USA. *Convenient, fast, very expensive way has already
been identified :-). *No containers carrying gliders or trailers are
known to be coming in next several months, so I think that option is
out. *UPS appears to have an integrated truck/ocean freight/customs
clearance service available, I'll call them tomorrow. *Other ideas?

-Evan Ludeman / T8

I put one of these on my 89 cobra trailer after the brake handle
flipped over the second time. Electric brakes and I think I paid about
$600. Had to get new wheels but they are U.S. mfg wheels and they were
$40 ea at America's tire. A little fab to mount but I like it. I had
to special order with my dimensions through a trailer distributor
(camper trailer). http://dexteraxle.com/i/u/1080235/f/...0-2200_lbs.pdf