Old February 3rd 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 1 Fatal ...r.a.h or r.a.p?

Interesting-

I have been flying since 1998 and I do not know anyone who died in plane
crash. However, I knew three pilots who survived in plane crash.

One of them is my former flight instructor. She was in a plane crash with
one of her student. The flight school did pretty good job keep it secret,
but I later learned that the engine seized and the instructor couldn't
restart the engine. In my opinion, she made a mistake by allowing her
student to make a landing attempt on the farm field. The student got frozen
on short final and rest is history. Good thing, they both walked away
without any injuries. That instructor flew with me on a lesson flight two
days later. Tough lady!

Other two pilots, that I knew, crashed together. They got cut off on short
final when a plane on the ground taxied into active runway. The plane
stalled when one of the pilots attempted to go around and could not recover
in time. They both received serious injuries. I saw one of them at a local
event two months later and the injures looked pretty bad. The only thing he
talked about that night is getting back into the air as soon as doctor
clears him.

Toks Desalu

Two Other
"Montblack" wrote in message
I sometimes cut-n-paste crash victim's names into

Google.groups.rec.aviation
to see if that person has ever posted here. Too ghoulish?

One person's name, about 6 years ago, came up. IIRC, his family was in the
plane.

With the spate of recent crashes it got me wondering, again: People here

at
rec.aviation know some of these victims - but have WE lost any of our

(r.a.h
& r.a.p) posters in crashes, in the last 8-10 years?

Montblack
I've been around since 1998 - starting in r.a.s.