Old May 31st 04, 11:54 PM
Andrew Sarangan

Matt Whiting wrote in
:

Anyone know of a source of a simple timer for approaches? I had one
years ago that was very simple. It was round with two buttons, one to
start and stop the timer and another to reset it. All I can find now
are the West Bend and others that have a lot more features than I need.
Unfortunately, the yoke timer in the airplane is toast so I'm looking
for something I can just velcro to the yoke or panel.

Matt

After an unsuccessful search for a simple compact timer, I bought a Casio
digital watch that met my needs. Unlike the conventional watches that
have buttons on their side, this one has buttons on its front face. Three
pushes of one button will take you into the timer mode. One button starts
and stops and the other resets. It also has an automatic light mode. If
the watch is tilted by a certain angle the back lighting comes on. I
can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was something like $20 at
Walmart.