Old April 22nd 05, 08:57 PM
Steve Foley

There is a Lifeflight helo that is based within Worcester's (ORH) class D.

They receive a 'transition approved' for every operation.

"Kris Kortokrax" wrote in message

"Richardfl" wrote in message
oups.com...
When performing off airport helicopter operations in controlled
airspace what is the proper radio procedures/calls when taking off
after a few hours on the ground? Should I just call with my position,
stating i am off airport requesting take off clearance?

Thanks

Richard

You won't receive a takeoff clearance. The contoller can only clear you

takeoff from or land on a movement area on the airport (i.e. runway,
taxiway). From an off airport area, you will get something on the order

of
"Landing/Departure will be at your own risk".
I have landed off airport inside Midway's Class C and normally they

instruct
the pilot to call them when airborne.

Kris