Old October 11th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
I talked with my aunt who also lives on the east side of Manhattan and she
said it's been a crappy day up there... in fact, while I was talking to
her it started raining.

CNN reports 8-mile visibility but low ceiling (1800') at the time of the
crash. (Most of CNN's coverage has been quite good; they're getting
commentary from their journalist Miles O'Brien, who's a pilot. They also
found a pilot eyewitness on the ground who provided a cogent account.)

--Gary