Old July 18th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default FAA publishes proposed changes to amateur-built rules.

On Jul 18, 9:05*am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

news
The "homebuilt" factories are jeopardizing the
future of real homebuilders.

no they're not.

* *Then I guess our only option is to grit our teeth and agree to disagree. *If
those folks were not skirting the regulations, the FAA would see no reason to
tighten them for everyone.

Regards
Vaughn

I think the issue that we are all missing is that the FAA is not as
concerned about the building of safe homebuilts as they are about
regulating homebuilders and ensuring that any commercial assistance is
limited. The fact that an experienced commercial builder assisting a
homebuilder might result in a better built and safe aircraft is not
material.