Old February 11th 18, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kiwi User

Default New Glider Dream Elon Musk Flow

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:54:40 -0800, krasw wrote:

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 18:10:18 UTC+2, Kiwi User wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 06:36:15 -0800, krasw wrote:

All gliders should be made of wood.

I'd settle for new-build Std Libelles with a revised, safety cockpit
structure.

If you crash glider, you will arrive at accident scene quarter inch
after your glider structure. No safety cockpit will make fatal crashes
survivable.

Sure, but the cockpit structure Schleicher introduced with the ASW-24 was
a big improvement on previous ones for pilot survivability. One of the
competition pilots in my club walked away from an almost totalled ASW-28
and reckons she'd have been a lot worse off in any earlier generation
cockpit.

Or fly-by-wire control system that prevents pilot to do anything stupid.

I'm somewhat unconvinced about that. Watch the AA pilot lecture he
https://vimeo.com/159496346