Old March 29th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SkySight Tutorials

1. When you connect Skysight up to a Oudie and download the weather, how exactly do you do this? details please I'm a computer idiot.

2. What are you trying to download on the Oudie for the day? Convergence lines?
OD areas? Strong areas? Wind data? What?

3 Does it look like whats on the Skysight screen?

4. Can you chose what to transfer from Skysight onto he Oudie for the day?
How do you do this?

Nick, good questions, the answers weren't immediately obvious to me either and I generally do great with software! First, you'll use the "Naviter Updater" every day before you fly so you have to be sure your Oudie is running the current software and your SeeYou account is setup with your SkySight account information and weather preferences. Check out the SeeYou web site for help.

Then, before you head out to your glider to fly each day, connect your Oudie to the Naviter Updater and download the day's weather to it. It's not live but it downloads the morning forecast. When you're finished, go to the Weather tab on the Oudie Settings and choose which of the 4 weather models you'd like displayed, wind, wave, convergence and one other I can't remember. When you return to your map afterwards they'll be displayed on the screen. It's not perfect but it's much better than trying to remember in flight where the convergence lines should be expected after you've been on task for 2-3 hours.

This took me a bit of fiddling to get it all working correctly but it's now pretty good. I just wish I had my Oudie at home with me to give you more accurate answers. Good luck, it's worth messing with it now when many of us can't fly. If you have other questions or get stuck, I'll gladly try to help you!

Chuck Werninger
Soaring Club of Houston
LS-4 VL