Old May 31st 04, 04:03 AM
Pete

"Bob Urz" wrote

Although i agree the nukes are a "finisher", i was thinking more along
the lines of conventional weapons to make it more interesting.
Would a agm-65 be usable in this situation? laser guided bombs
certainly would.

At this point, all we need to do is kill the flight deck, and disable as
many unlaunched planes as we can.
AGM-65 is probably too small to be effective.
F-15E can carry 8x500 lb (GBU-12 or MK-82). Use those. 2 ea holes in the
flight deck would take it out of action.

Someone suggested a cluster bomb, but how would you target it on a
moving target?

It's not moving that fast. Targeting wouldn't be that hard (lead it a
little)
The bomblets would be enough to disable some/most of the aircraft on deck,
but maybe not enough to take the flight deck out of operation.

And i believe the gun has 450 rounds capacity? That would not allow much
of a squirt per zero. And given the zero has superior low speed
maneuverability, how would you approach the gun shots?

From behind. Pick them off one by one. If you're lucky, you'll get a few
before the guys in front notice. Once they DO notice, leave and call the
cavalry. You're vastly outnumbered. Notification is more important than
trying to get "just one more".

Pete
Knowing what we know now, I still maintain that with an unrestricted weapons
load, B61 is the only way to go.