Old September 21st 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default sunlight readable iphone

Hmmm. I once owned a Del Streak running XCSoar.I read the overwhelming reviews on it but frankly it was a disappointment at least to me,as it was just ok.
I went back to my old Vertica/Aviar running WinPilot after that for a couple of years.
The Vertica "sort of worked"with WinPilot, IMO Jerry was close to having a great system combination but than he shortly abandoned this Windows based program in favor of his IOS. (And yes, so did Vertica2 disappeared, although there is some noise that the Vertica3 is coming)
I agree, WinPilot was a great system, far better than it's sort of poorly executed carbon copy; SYM.
Since than the only sensible system out there is XCSoar/Top Hat.
Yes, it would also be nice to have a simulator of Iglide to compare but there isn't one.
It leaves still a desirable modern platform for any of the above except for the Oudie2 which I own one and it's for sale.
Just my nickels worth.