Old July 31st 16, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

Default Consolidated B-24 Liberator

"Jess Lurkin" wrote in message ...

In spite of all the good work done by the B-24, I have little regard for
it. I read Louis Zamperini's book a long time ago. Read it long before the
be-nice-to-Japs movie. The 24 was a bucket of bolts. Louis wasn't the only
one I've heard express this. Read more slams by those who flew it. Sorry
if my opinion has offended a few in here.

With the fuel system routed through the fuselage, it tended to turn into a
torch when hit by enemy fire.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24a.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	86804  Click image for larger version

Name:	b-24-460th-bomb-group.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	86805  Click image for larger version

Name:	B-24J.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	86806