Old August 27th 04, 08:19 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Marc Ramsey wrote:

Mark James Boyd wrote:
For some of us with less currency and less practice in type,
this could be quite dangerous. Vertigo, inadvertent coarse use
of controls (including roll), imperfect centering technique,
visual illusions due to wind and movement of the ground,
different pressure feel caused by different gliders or
C.G.'s, etc. can make this more hazardous.

Well, I disagree, and I strongly believe that a well-trained glider
pilot, in any glider, low or high, should be every bit as comfortable
and safe (if not more so) in a 50 degree bank as in a 20 degree bank.

Marc

Agreed for feeling safe, but when comfortable is the question, I think
most pilots would find 1.02g is much more comfortable than 1.75g.