Old February 25th 21, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

Dave Nadler wrote on 2/24/2021 6:08 PM:
On 2/24/2021 8:55 PM, kinsell wrote:
On 2/24/21 4:13 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On 2/24/2021 4:51 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 1:42:01 PM UTC-8, wrote:
https://insideevs.com/news/490300/hy...ll-82000-bevs/
Discuss amongst yourselves...

Dave, it's time for you to stop complaining and just admit electric is simple.

You're absolutely right Darryl!
After all, how hard could it be???

Simple and ultra reliable.* You gonna be dragging your old faithful Antares down to the
Seniors this year?

After it failed during the last two comps I took it to?
Drive for days, fly a few times, then drive for days home after it breaks?
I don't think so...

Anyway, no vaccination yet so no travel in any case.

The Antares was a bold effort, perhaps too bold, and by now, it's an old effort. No point in
holding it up as an example anymore. Now, all the manufacturers have electric gliders, and Solo
has added electric systems to their sailplane power business. Electric isn't the coming thing
any mo it's here. The next milestone will be passed when they start selling more electrics
than ICEs.