View Single Post
Old March 1st 21, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner
external usenet poster

Default SeeYou

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:53:21 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
On 3/1/21 10:37 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 9:16:44 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
As soon as my subscription runs out, the program starts acting up. This really ****es me off. I paid for the program and the fact that they sabotage it to get you to purchase the upgrade is very disappointing. If I don't want the "improvements", the program that I paid for should still work. In my opinion, that is a crappy way to do business... Is this the way things are done these days?

Boggs

What is the behavior of the current version of SeeYou (PC app) if/when the subscription expires? Does it still run? Does it keep the map data it already downloaded stored on the PC? Do maps for new areas still load? Does that differ between "terrain view" and "satellite view"? Where (which server) do the maps load from? Do any other features stop working (other than the use of SeeYou Cloud)?

Same questions about the "Navigator" cell phone app?

This says you can turn off updates before your subscription expires, and
continue to run as befo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLDE6GHdV4

And what happens if you forget to turn off updates, or if it behaves like most software these days, where "updates" are shoved down your throat no matter what you choose? Anyway I'd love to hear from a normal customer who has actually done this (let the SeeYou subscription expire).