Old August 24th 04, 04:54 AM
Roger Halstead

On 23 Aug 2004 10:47:18 -0700, (PaulH) wrote:

I got the same advice on my Arrow IO360 from Poplar Grove Airmotive
with a recent TOH - 50 weight until consumption stabilizes, then
multi-viscosity. I have chrome cylinders so it took about 30 hours to
stabilize.

They told me to fly it hard - 70-75% and stay low (5000 ft) to

70 to 75% is hard? I have always flown at 75% except for maneuvers,
or just playing.

The FBO had me run 80 to 85% for the first 5 hours.

maximize manifold pressure. I used 100-150 ROP to keep the cylinders
cool. First trip was 30 minutes orbiting the Class D airport at 2000

I did basically the same, but to 5000 and circled as well as varying
the power settings. (OTOH I was over an uncontrolled airport)

AGL with agreement from tower just to make sure I could land in a
hurry if something came loose.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com